The is a link to an article regarding food safety.
Issues with sprouts and prepackaged lettuce highlighted in the article.
Garden Fresh Farms is the answer for food safety;
- Each seed bag is tested for pathogens
- Seeds are cleansed at the beginning of the process
- Sprouts are rinsed many times an hour during the process
- Each batch is tested in our lab for e coli and salmonella before approved for packaging.
Lettuce & Herbs
- Grown indoors without dirt
- Growing surfaces are sanitized before replanted
- Plants are inspected during their growth cycle and pretreated organically to prevent molds and other issues
- Fertilizer is from fish which are cold blooded, not warm blooded animals where diseases can be transmitted to humans
- All of our products are chemical pesticide free.
Sprouts – Herbs – Lettuce – Seasonal Fruit – Rainbow Trout – Tilapia – Fish Fertilizers & Compost Tea
We are growing fresh produce, all year long.
All batches of sprouts are double tested. First every lot of seeds are tested to for pathogens. Additionally we test every batch in our on site laboratory before packaging, to ensure every case of sprouts we ship is free of pathogens.
Our new econ-friendly packaging uses less plastic than tradition sprout packaging while sealing in freshness and keeping out contaminants.
We are growing herbs and leaf lettuce in specially designed equipment in our warehouse where it is 70 degrees and sunny everyday. Our products are not subject to freezing weather, droughts, pests or other crop reducing conditions. Our products are consistent everyday of the year.
- Bibb, Oak Leaf, Spring Leaf Lettuce
- Water Cress
We terraced the front entrance hill and planted raspberries, mint and cherry trees. Why cut a lawn when you can grow food? Available to CSA members only.
Fish Fertilizer and compost tea
All-natural fresh fish fertilizer that gives excellent plant growth, rebuilds soil, and offers higher produce yields. It contain trace minerals and micro-nutrients.Fish fertilizer is one of the most powerful natural fertilizers and soil amendments in the world.We sell concentrated liquid fish fertilizer which can be used directly on soil as a soil remediation or diluted into compost tea.
You can use compost tea as a foliar feed or as a soil drench or both. Soil drenches are best for building up the soil microbial activities and supplying lots of beneficial soluble NPK to the plant’s root system and the topsoil texture. Foliar feeds are best for quick fixes of trace elements and small portions of other soluble nutrients into the plant through its leaves. Foliar feeds are also good for plant disease control.