Sign up NOW for special Summer CSA package.
Go to http://www.gardenfreshfarms.org for more information and sign up information for our CSA programs.
We are looking for larger offices that would like to increase access to healthy food by hosting a CSA pick up stop. We would deliver one day a week to your office, a real convenience and benefit to all employees. If you are interested, contact Jeff at email@example.com to find our how to get started.
We have a new twist on CSA’s. 2014 GFF CSA FORM Online
- We are year round because we grow indoors. Fresh produce is available to you even during the winter months.
- Variety not surprises. Our subscription to our CSA will have a menu of what to expect each week. Each week will be variety of fresh picked lettuce, sprouts, herbs and seasonal raspberries, and mint we grow. Additionally, your subscription can include products from other local producers of artisan breads, salad dressings, jams, pesto, mushrooms and other locally produced products. We also have a fish option.
- Trout are ready now. Tilapia will be soon.
Advantages of being a CSA subscriber
1. Fresh food.
2. Naturally fertilized food (fish provide the fertilizer).
3. At close to supermarket prices.
4. Increased knowledge of food, natural systems,
seasonality, the environment.
5. Broadened, healthier diets.
6. Support for the local economy
Buying locally produced goods creates jobs in our community, reduces the use of fossil fuels to bring food to market, pays local taxes and allows for fresher, vine ripened nutritionally healthy foods for you. Garden Fresh Farms is located in Maplewood, MN a suburb of St. Paul and is a year round local grower. The business is family owned and operated.
Currently food takes an average of 1,500 miles to reach your plate. We don’t believe this is sustainable, that is why we have worked with many experts in different fields of study from energy, lighting, aquaculture, horticulture, water treatment, environmentally friendly packaging and harvest ergonomics to grow food in a sustainable method right in your back yard.
Did you know that up to 80% of the cost of produce can be related to transportation. Gas, trucks, special packaging and spoilage can all be attributed to the transportation costs. Some products like tomatoes have a 25% spoilage rate while in the grocery store. WASTE.
Our products are fresh picked close to your home and stay fresh in your fridge for two weeks. Join the movement to eating fresh tasting, locally grown without pesticides, is the next best thing to organic.
We don’t plan to stop there. In the future we plan to help others start sustainable urban farms to provide food security in cities across the world.