NEW Fish Market Thursdays 2 pm to 4 pm every other week.
Whole Tilapia caught that day. $2.50/pound cash and carry.
Supplies will be limited to daily catch, so please email or call a day before with number of pounds you would like.
SUMMER CSA Packages with OUTDOOR VEGIES, HERBS & FRUIT
Our seasonal vegetables and herbs are ready to move outdoors. During the summer months, our outdoor vegetables and herbs will be included in our CSA subscriptions, along with our Aquaponics lettuces, basil, microgreens and sprouts. Sign Up now!
You have the option to pick up your subscription on Wednesday afternoons at our Maplewood location or Tuesday evening pickup at William Sonoma, Rosedale
Fresh Minnesota grown lettuce, herbs & sprouts.
Garden Fresh Farms CSA (community supported agriculture) — Available 52 weeks/year
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
CSA sign up form now available!!!! Starting NOW!!!!
Easy to get started. Download form (below), pick a package, select a start date and mail to us with a check
Click here to down load information and registration form for Maplewood Farm.CSA Registration form January 2013
Click here to down load information and registration form for Maplewood Farm. CSA Registration form Williams Sonoma 2013
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) or Restaurant Supported Agriculture (RSA) are subscription services that allow consumers or restaurants to purchase fresh, locally grown produce and support the family farms in the area. We will start our service in April 2012.
We have a new twist on CSA’s.
- We are year round because we grow indoors. Fresh produce is available to you even during the winter months.
- Variety not surprises. Our subscription to our CSA will have a menu of what to expect each week. Each week will be variety of fresh picked lettuce, sprouts, herbs and seasonal raspberries, and mint we grow. Additionally, your subscription can include products from other local producers of artisan breads, salad dressings, jams, pesto, mushrooms and other locally produced products. We also have a fish option.
- Trout are ready now. Tilapia will be soon.
Advantages of being a CSA subscriber
1. Fresh food.
2. Naturally fertilized food (fish provide the fertilizer).
3. At close to supermarket prices.
4. Increased knowledge of food, natural systems,
seasonality, the environment.
5. Broadened, healthier diets.
6. Support for the local economy
Buy locally creates jobs in our community, reduces the use of fossil fuels to bring food to market, pays local taxes and allows for fresher, vine ripened nutritionally healthy foods for you. Garden Fresh Farms is located in Maplewood, MN a suburb of St. Paul and is a year round local grower. The business is family owned and operated.
Currently food takes an average of 1,500 miles to reach your plate. We don’t believe this is sustainable, that is why we have worked with many experts in different fields of study from energy, lighting, aquaculture, horticulture, water treatment, environmentally friendly packaging and harvest ergonomics to grow food in a sustainable method right in your back yard.
Did you know that up to 80% of the cost of produce can be related to transportation. Gas, trucks, special packaging and spoilage can all be attributed to the transportation costs. Some products like tomatoes have a 25% spoilage rate while in the grocery store. WASTE.
Our products are fresh picked cost to your home and stay fresh in your fridge for two weeks. Join the movement to eating fresh tasting, locally grown without pesticides that is the next best thing to organic.
We don’t plan to stop there. In the future we plan to help others start sustainable urban farms so provide food security in cities across the world.